Bearmach Ltd (collectively “We”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is a UK registered company; Registration number 603417.
We take the protection of your personal information seriously.
Your personal data
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. Examples include reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or email address.
We do not consider information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise as personal data.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data directly from you.
This can be when you:
- Purchase any of our products or services
- Place a telephone call to us or receive one from us. Calls may be recorded digitally with your consent.
- Apply for a credit account with us
- Provide your details to us in person at trade shows or exhibitions
- Provide your details to us via web chat or social media
- Visit our website or register an account on our website.
We may obtain personal data from a third party when it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or the performance of a contract. For example, a Credit Reference Agency if you apply for a credit account with us.
What personal data we collect
Where Bearmach Ltd is the data controller of your personal information we may collect the following about you:
- Contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Your vehicle details where you have provided them
- Financial information such as bank details, credit card details. Card details are processed by a payment processor (i.e. bank) immediately, not stored.
- Your purchase history for marketing and accounting purposes
- Your IP address and browser or mail client details during visits to our website or email communications.
- Your marketing preferences
How your personal data is used
Your personal data is used:
- To fulfil orders placed with us (performance of a contract)
- To provide customer service and technical advice when requested
- For compliance with any legal obligations to which we are subject
- For statistical analysis in order to improve our products and services, and to contact you with offers and new products.
- For marketing purposes on our website, to display products relevant to you and your buying habits.
Who your personal data is shared with
- Courier services
- Payment processors
- Business analysis services
- Email service providers
- Credit reference agencies
- Debt collection agencies
- Regulatory authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Service providers and contractors working on our behalf, in line with our legitimate business interests given the context in which the data was collected.
We may share some or all of your Personal Information to any other third party with your affirmative consent. For instance, we display personal testimonials of satisfied customers in addition to other endorsements.
We will not share or otherwise distribute your personal data to third parties who are not a service provider to us, or contractor working on our behalf, without affirmative consent.
Your rights regarding our use of personal data
We make our best effort to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, relevant and up to date. As required by applicable law, we also respect your rights to:
Request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. Upon receiving such a request, we will provide a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format.
- Rectification of inaccuracies in personal data we hold on you. Simply contact us if you become aware of an inaccuracy and we will correct it as soon as reasonably possible.
- Erase the personal data we hold on you. Contact us if you would like us to close your account and / or delete any personal data we hold. Upon request, we will delete all personal data we hold, other than any data we are required to retain under a legal obligation we are subject to.
- Ask we restrict, stop processing or withdraw consent you have previously given for us to process personal data. We provide the option to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time, even if you have previously given consent for us to send them.
Please note that requesting we stop processing your personal data for reasons other than marketing may prevent us from being able to offer you products or services.
- Data portability. EU regulation 2016/679, commonly known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provides you the right to data portability. We uphold this right by providing a copy of the personal data we hold in a commonly used and machine readable (digital) format upon request.
- Object to automated decision making.
How long we keep personal data for
We only keep your information for as long as the regulations say we must. This is usually between three and ten years after our relationship with you ends, but it will vary depending on what data we hold, why we hold it and what we’re obliged to do by the regulator or the law. Typically, legal requirements are 10 years following a purchase from us, or after the customer/supplier relationship ends.
Securing your data
Personal Data held by Bearmach Ltd is stored on secure servers in the UK. We do not transfer EU customer personal data outside the European Economic Area. We hold data in various forms, including electronic databases and paper files. We strive to take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice. Such steps include encryption of electronic data, and physical access controls and security systems to protect paper records. Personal data is deleted / disposed of in a secure manner, in adherence to our data deletion policy.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. We will take appropriate measures to inform you of updates to our privacy notice. The updated privacy will be posted on our website or, where appropriate, we will contact you directly to inform you e.g. via email.
EU GDPR Representative
Now that the UK has left the European Union, we are required to designate a representative established within an EU member state who may be contacted in addition to or instead of ourselves, for any GDPR related queries or requests.
Contact details for our representative within the EU can be found below:
Name: EU GDPR Representative
Dublin office Tel: +353 1 554 9700
Support website: https://eugdprrep.com
Postal Address: Instant EU GDPR Representative Ltd.
69 Esker Woods Drive, Lucan, Co. Dublin, K78 PX45, Ireland
Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
Under Article 77 you have the rights to complain to the UK Regulator. We would of course be grateful if you contact us first to discuss any issues, we will always respond quickly and professionally. However if you remind dissatisfied you can contact the ICO directly at: ico.org.uk Tel: 0303 123 1113